Asian glazed pork belly, soft scrambled eggs & asian salad
300g pork belly – skin removed and sliced into 1-2cm pieces click here to order your pork belly
3 tbsp kecap manis
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp hoisin sauce
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp grated ginger
1 garlic clove – crushed
2 tsp rice vinegar
knob of butter
red cabbage – shredded
10 mint leaves
coriander – small handful
1/2 red chili – sliced finely
bean sprouts – small handful
1 spring onion – chopped at an angle
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp rice vinegar
wedge of lime
sweet chili sauce
1. Mix all pork belly ingredients together and place in ziplock bag with pork belly and marinade for 30 minutes.
2. Grill pork belly (on bbq grill) on high heat for 2 minutes each side until they start to caramelise.
3. Toss all the slaw ingredients together and set aside.
4. Heat butter in frying pan on medium heat, whisk eggs and add to pan. Using a spatula stir eggs gently and remove from pan when about 90% cooked *see tip*
5. Place all 3 components on plate and garnish with lime wedge and drizzle of sweet chili sauce.
*when scrambling eggs stir them gently and remove from heat when about 90% cooked, the residual heat from the pan will continue the cooking process*
**using a bbq is best for this recipe BUT feel free to use a grill pan if you don’t have access to a bbq. Ensure pan is very hot and keep a close eye on the pork as you don’t want the sugars in the marinade to burn**
***this is a great dish for breakfast, lunch or dinner and the marinated pork can be used to make a GREAT burger too***