Carne Asada Hangar Steak Tacos
Recipe courtesy of anotherfoodblogger.com
Makes 8 tacos
8 small corn tortillas
1 lime – cut into wedges
1 cup shredded red cabbage
2 radishes – cut into matchsticks
1 jalapeno – seeds removed and sliced into circles
500g hangar steak order your hangar steak here
1 lime – juiced
1/2 orange – juiced
1 jalapeno – diced
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cider vinegar
handful coriander – finely chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili flakes – more if you like it spicy
8 tbsp mayonnaise
1 lemon juiced
- Combine all steak ingredients together and leave to marinate for up to 4hrs *see tips*
- Combine lemon mayonnaise ingredients, taste and adjust more lemon or mayo as necessary.
- When ready to serve rub the majority of marinade from the steak and grill on bbq for 4 – 5 mins each side on direct heat or until internal temperature is 58-60c for medium rare.
- Leave steak rest for 5 – 10 mins before slicing.
- Whilst steak is resting warm your tortillas in a frying pan. This takes about 15 – 20 seconds on each side.
- Cut steak into 2cm slices
- Place small smear of mayo on tortilla and top with cabbage
- Place rested steak on top of cabbage and top with radish, jalapeno & drizzle of lemon mayo
- Serve lime on the side and allow your guests to squeeze
I find leaving the steak marinade for longer than 4hrs that the acids break down the texture of the steak so for me 2hrs was the best*