Pork Burger with Cucumber Apple Slaw
400g pork mince – 2 x 200g patties
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp olive oil
2 brioche burger buns
2 tsp sweet chili sauce
pickled onions – optional
2 slices apple – cut into matchsticks
2 slices cucumber – cut into matchsticks
2 slices red cabbage – same amount as apple/cucumber
1 tsp lime juice
1 tbsp garlic aioli or kewpie mayonnaise
1. Mix pork, ginger & oregano together. Form into 2 x 200g patties slightly larger than your burger bun.
2. Leave them in the fridge to set/hold their shape for 15 – 20 mins.
3. Mix together slaw ingredients.
4. Cook burger in frying pan on medium heat for 2 – 3 mins each side *see tips*
5. Allow burger to rest for a minute and then build your burger.
6. Bun, a little aioli/mayo, burger patty, slaw, coriander, pickled onion, chili sauce and top of bun.