Pork Fillet with Honey Mustard Dressing
400g pork tenderloin – trimmed
2 kipfler potatoes
1/2 red onion – sliced
6 shiitake mushroom – sliced or halved depending upon size
1 clove garlic – crushed
1 slice bacon – cut into lardons
1 handful spinach
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
salt & pepper
1. Par boil the potatoes until tender enough to easily pierce with knife – approx 10 to 15 mins.
2. Season meat with oil, salt & pepper.
3. Mix the honey & mustard together and set aside.
4. Sear in a hot pan until brown – approx 2-3 mins.
5. Place in the oven at 180c for 15 mins until internal temperature is 58c/140f.
6. Half way through the pork being in the oven, oil the 2nd pan and turn to medium heat. Add potatoes and cook for 2 mins until golden brown on one side, add bacon and cook for a further 2 mins.
7. Add mushrooms, onion & garlic and cook for a further 5 mins until vegetables are cooked.
8. At this point remove pork from oven and allow to rest covered lightly in foil for 4 mins.
9. Add spinach to pan, remove from the heat and stir. The residual heat will wilt the spinach sufficiently.
10. To serve place drizzle of honey mustard on plate, top with vegetable mixture and slice the pork placing on top.