Pulled Pork Sandwich with Slaw and BBQ Sauce
500g pulled pork – 125g per sandwich
40g red cabbage – shredded
1 spring onion – sliced finely
1/2 carrot – julienned or shredded
1/4 lime – juiced
1 tsp rice vinegar
coriander – handful
8 – 12 tbls BBQ sauce
4 burger buns – I use brioche buns
1. Heat pork in frying pan with 8 tbls BBQ sauce.
2. Mix cabbage, onion, carrot together. Add lime & vinegar and toss.
3. Toast bun, place a drizzle of sauce on bottom and add 125g pulled pork to each bun.
4. Top with some slaw, coriander and a tbls of bbq sauce.
5. Place bun on top
2 cups white vinegar
1.5 cups heinz ketchup
1.5 cups dark brown sugar
1 tbls chili powder
1.5 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbls salt
1 star anise
1. Whisk all ingredients together in saucepan and place on medium heat. Bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 – 20 mins, until the sauce just coats the back of wooden spoon.
3. Allow to cool and store in fridge until ready to use.