1 sheet of short crust pastry
250g trimmed (rind removed) and diced bacon
6 – 1- cherry tomatoes halved
2 egg yolks
150 ml cream
150 ml milk
50 g grated cheese
1. Line 20 – 22 cm pie/flan dish with pastry. Brush with egg white and allow to dry. Blind bake pastry in oven at 190 degrees for approximately 10 – 15 mins.
2. Fry bacon until golden brown
3. Put cooked bacon, tomatoes and shallots into part cooked pastry casing
4. Beat the whole eggs, egg yolks and cream together in a bowl. Add the milk and pepper and mix lightly
5. Pour into pastry case
6. Sprinkle with grated cheese and cook for 10 minutes at 190 degrees and then reduce to 160 degrees until set (approx. 20 mins)
7. Remove from oven and stand for 10 minutes before serving.