Simple Sauce Recipes for Chicken, Pork or Beef
Simple Sauce Recipes for Chicken, Pork and Beef
Spruce up a plain piece of chicken, pork or beef with one of these simple to make sauce recipes.
Here are some delicious sauce recipes.
PEPPER SAUCE – serves 4
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 cup stock (I use beef but you could use chicken)
- 4 tsp cracked mixed pepper (if you don’t like a really peppery sauce halve the amount of pepper)
- 1/8 cup white wine
- 1/8 cup fresh cream
- 3 tsp cornflour
- 2 tsp cold water
- In a small saucepan melt butter and add pepper, cook for 20 seconds.
- Add stock and wine and bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix cornflour with cold water to make a paste and then add to saucepan to thicken sauce
MUSTARD CREAM SAUCE – serves 4
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, or chicken stock
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard or wholegrain mustard whichever you prefer
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
After frying and removing chicken or pork from pan reduce heat to medium and add butter and garlic, cook for about a minute; pour wine (or chicken stock) into hot pan; cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 1 minute. Whisk in cream, mustard, and tarragon. Cook, whisking, until thickened, about 2 minutes.
Yummy on both chicken or pork
RED WINE AND SHALLOT SAUCE – serves 4
- 250g shallots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, lightly crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 400ml red wine
- 400 ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp butter
Heat oil in large saucepan and saute’ shallots for 3 minutes. Add garlic and rosemary and saute for a further 3 minutes stirring often. Add vinegar and cook until it becomes syrupy. Add red wine and beef stock and simmer until it reduces by half. Remove garlic and rosemary. Whisk in butter and serve.
MUSHROOM SAUCE – serves 4
- 30 g butter
- 1 cup finely sliced mushrooms
- 1 finely chopped spring onion
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup cream
After cooking steak or chicken add button mushrooms, spring onion and thyme to pan juices. Cook for 5 minutes or until mushroom softens. Add white wine and cream, simmer for 2 minutes or until sauce reduces and slightly thickens. Add salt and ground pepper to season. Serve over steaks or chicken.