Veal Parm Sandwich
2 slice veal rump – approx 150g / 1″ thick
2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 tbsp butter – softened
1 tbsp parsley – chopped
1 tsp garlic – minced
4 slices swiss cheese
tomato relish or jam *see link below for tomato chilli jam recipe *
2 turkish rolls
1 cup canola oil
1. Place flour, egg & breadcrumbs on 3 separate plates.
2. Place cling wrap on chopping board and veal on top, cover with another layer of cling wrap and hit it with mallet or saucepan to flatten it out.
3. Mix garlic, parsley & softened butter together.
4. Dip flattened veal in flour, then egg and finally breadcrumbs. Place on a clean plate.
5. Place canola oil in frying pan. You want approx 1/2 inch of oil in frying pan and heat on medium to high heat.
6. Fry veal in hot oil for approx 2 mins each side or until golden brown. Remove, season with salt and let it rest for a moment on the wire rack.
8. Toast bread and then butter with garlic butter. Place veal on top of bread, add swiss cheese (at this point you can pop it under the grill if you want to get that cheese nice and gooey), top the veal and cheese with tomato jam, rocket and then with the top of turkish roll