Deconstructed Beef Wellington
Serves: 4 – 6. Prep Time: 20 mins. Cooking Time: 60 mins
- 1 Jack’s Creek Butt Eye Fillet Piece
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 500g mushrooms, sliced
- 100ml white wine
- 4 – 6 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Seal fillet in roasting pan or large frying pan until or sides are browned.
- Bake fillet in oven for 60 mins, or if you have a thermometer, cook to about 71°C in the centre of the beef, to have a medium cooked fillet.
- Cut pastry sheet into quarters and then cut quarters in half. Bake pastry in oven until golden brown.
- 20 minutes before fillet is cooked melt butter in pan and saute’ onions and garlic until soft. Add the mushrooms and over low heat cook for around 5 mins. Add white wine and cook for a further 5 mins or until there is no moisture.
- Fry bacon.
- Slice fillet and assemble. Serve with a pepper sauce.