Wagyu Brisket with BBQ Sauce
Serves: 6 – 8
2 – 3 kg Wagyu Brisket click here to order brisket
- 180 ml tomato ketchup
- 150 ml stout
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 heaped teaspoon English mustard
- 4 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 4 teaspoons golden syrup
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
2. Sit Brisket on rack in a roasting tray. Put small amount of water in bottom of roasting tray. Cover tightly with a double layer of tin foil.
3. Roast for 3 – 4 hours.
4. Remove foil and brush brisket heavily with bbq sauce. Cook for a further 20 – 40 mins until the sauce becomes sticky and caramelised.
Place all ingredients into small saucepan and bring to the boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer for a further 10 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and coats the back of a spoon.
Serve with remaining BBQ sauce and with whatever sides you like. We usually have potato salad and garden salad but it is also delicious with slaw or roasted veges.